Authorize.net Customer Information Manager (CIM) allows you to store your customers' sensitive payment information on their secure servers, which enables MemberMouse to utilize a customer's card on file to support 1-click buying.
In order to use CIM you need to activate it on your Authorize.net account. Need an account? Sign up for an Authorize.net account here.
How to Configure Authorize.net CIM
- In the MemberMouse menu, click Payment Settings and then click on the Payment Methods tab.
- Select Authorize.net CIM as your onsite payment method.
- (Recommended) To enable Accept.js, click on the checkbox next to Enable Accept.js. Accept.js functions so that credit card and billing information is sent directly to Authorize.net and never touches your servers. Accept.js will not function properly if the site is on a localhost, or if the Checkout page or My Account page is not https.
- In order to fill out the API Login ID and the Transaction Key fields in MemberMouse, go to https://account.authorize.net/ in a new browser tab and log in to your account.
- Click the Settings link in the menu on the left.
- Next, click on the link entitled API Login ID and Transaction Key which can be found near the bottom under the Security Settings section.
- Authorize.net will present you with a screen that will walk you through creating an API Login ID.
- After you have created the API Login ID, you will be shown your unique API Login ID, for example:
- Copy the API Login ID and paste it into the corresponding field in MemberMouse.
- Under the API Login ID section in Authorize.net, you will see another section called Create a new Transaction Key. Provide a Secret Answer to the Secret Question. This information is used by Authorize.net to generate a Transaction Key.
- Next, you will be brought to a page with your newly generated Transaction Key. Copy the transaction key and paste it into the corresponding field in MemberMouse.
- Click Save Payment Methods to complete the configuration. The next steps are only necessary if you've enabled Accept.js:
- Navigate to Account > Settings > Security Settings > General Security Settings > Manage Public Client Key in your Authorize.net account.
- In the area called Create New Public Client Key, enter your secret answer to the secret question and click Submit.
- Copy the public client key and paste it into the corresponding field in MemberMouse.
- Click Save Payment Methods to complete the configuration.