MemberMouse is Joining the Caseproof Family of Products
Today, I’m excited to announce that MemberMouse is joining the Caseproof team led by Blair Williams. This also means that MemberMouse will now be a part of the WPBeginner Growth Accelerator led by Syed Balkhi.
This is a big step for MemberMouse and the future of this product.
Almost 14 years ago — in August of 2009 — I created the first version of MemberMouse.
And now, I’ve sold the company.
This was not an easy decision for me.
This company has been the major focus of my life for the past 14 years and I’m extremely proud of what we’ve accomplished at MemberMouse.
In the last couple of years, I’ve struggled with whether or not I was the right person to help MemberMouse continue on its journey. At the same time, a voice within me started to say, “it’s time to move on.” I don’t know exactly what’s next for me, there are a lot of unknowns and it’s scary and also exciting. So that’s ultimately why this change is happening.
In considering a sale, I needed to know that my team would be taken care of, my customers would be taken care of, the company would be assured a bright future and that I was leaving it in the hands of someone who was capable and understood the nuances of our business and industry. These were non-negotiables for me. I feel assured that all of these requirements are satisfied.
As far as continuity of the business goes, I’m the only one who’s moving on. Everyone on the team is staying — from support, to development, and sales and marketing. Someone new is coming in to take my place and he’s someone who I believe has the enthusiasm, excitement, and experience required to help MemberMouse reach its full potential. This is Blair Williams (more on him below). With him in the driver’s seat comes expanded opportunities to invest in the company, to grow the team, and to build new innovative features into the product.
I want to express my sincere gratitude to all the people who helped make MemberMouse into what it is today. I’m so blessed to have had this journey with MemberMouse and it would not have been possible without the customers or the team at MemberMouse.
Whether you’ve been with MemberMouse for one day or 10 years, I want you to know how grateful I am to you. Thank you for being an integral part of my journey. And thank you for trusting me and MemberMouse to be a part of your journey.
I know that the future of MemberMouse is bright and I wish you continued success and personal expansion.
If you’d like to reach out to me or follow along with my next adventure, you can follow me on Instagram @EricTurnnessen or visit EricTurnnessen.com.
If you’d like to hear more, you can watch my extended message about the future of MemberMouse here:
Founder of MemberMouse
What Does This Mean for the Future of MemberMouse?
What does the future have in store for MemberMouse?
For starters, the amazing people over at Caseproof are the team who’ve acquired MemberMouse.
They’re led by CEO Blair Williams. If you don’t immediately recognize their name, you’ll certainly recognize at least one of the WordPress plugins he and the Caseproof team are behind:
- MemberPress: A full-featured membership solution for WordPress. It allows you to grant and revoke access to posts, pages, custom post types, categories, tags, feeds, communities and courses based on what products your users have purchased or are subscribed to.
- Easy Affiliate: A complete Affiliate Program management plugin for WordPress. Use it to start an Affiliate Program for your online membership or storefront to dramatically increase traffic, attention and sales.
- Pretty Links: An advanced link cloaking and redirection plugin for WordPress. It’s used to shrink, track, cloak and share links. The pro version has several advanced features including advanced reporting, geographic-redirects, keyword replacement, split testing, link rotation, and the ability to push links to twitter — and much more!
- Thirsty Affiliates: It’s more than just a run of the mill affiliate link cloaker – it’s a tool designed to help bloggers to make money.
- Buy Now Plus: An easy to use, cloud-backed service that will allow you instantly start accepting Credit Card payments via simple buy now buttons placed anywhere on your website or even social media accounts. Buy Now Plus uses the awesome Stripe credit card gateway.
And now we can add MemberMouse to this list.
Blair Williams is an experienced entrepreneur, veteran WordPress developer, and thoughtful leader. He’s also one of the most knowledgeable people out there about the specifics of the WordPress membership space. He has a powerful vision for the future of MemberMouse, and I couldn’t be happier that he’s now at the helm of the company.
The Awesome Motive Growth Accelerator
On top of that, MemberPress joined the Awesome Motive Growth Accelerator back in 2018. They partnered with Syed Balki – the brains behind WP Beginner and 20+ of the most-used WordPress plugins in the world. This is so exciting because MemberMouse will now benefit from the combined resources of some of the most successful companies in the WordPress space.
What Does This Change Mean for Existing MemberMouse Users?
Change can be scary and unsettling for all of us.
That said, we’re all genuinely excited for the future of MemberMouse.
Let’s start by sharing what this change doesn’t mean:
- MemberMouse won’t be re-branded or rolled into another plugin
- We won’t suddenly change how we operate, raise prices on existing customers, or fundamentally change the platform
- We won’t change anything about our support team – you’ll get the same level of support you’ve always gotten
Now that that’s out of the way, here are some of the exciting things about this change.
The Caseproof and MemberMouse teams have a shared vision of making MemberMouse even better and easier to use. In the coming weeks, months, and years, expect to see major improvements, additions, and upgrades to the MemberMouse platform.
Blair will lead the MemberMouse team from here on out. And just to reiterate, the MemberMouse team you rely on for world-class support, product development, and helpful content is staying exactly the same. The only thing that changes here is that Eric Turnnessen will no longer be involved in the business. For now, that means we’re putting a stop to our weekly Office Hours and Eric will no longer be hosting the Subscription Entrepreneur Podcast.
What this change ultimately comes down to is that MemberMouse is now part of a larger family of WordPress products. That means we have exponentially more knowledge, experience, and resources to grow MemberMouse and continue its growth into the best enterprise WordPress membership plugin.
Eric Turnnessen is the founder of MemberMouse. His absolute dedication to quality and insistence on perfection have made MemberMouse the premier WordPress membership plugin on the market today. His attention to detail and commitment to continual improvement make MemberMouse the #1 choice for business owners looking for a reliable and scalable membership solution.