If you want to add a custom field to your checkout page, all you have to do is include the following SmartTag™ in your checkout form:
[MM_Form_Field type='custom' id='10' isRequired='false']
In order for this to work correctly make sure that you place the SmartTag™ between the MM_Form type='checkout' and /MM_Form SmartTags. After this SmartTag™ has been included in the checkout form MemberMouse will render the custom field as part of the checkout form based on the custom field configuration.
How to get the SmartTag™ for a particular custom field:
- In the MemberMouse menu, click Checkout Settings and then click on the Custom Fields tab.
- Locate the custom field you want to add to the checkout page in the table.
- Click the ‘blue tag' button in the Form SmartTag column.
- In the dialog that pops up, copy the SmartTag.
- Paste the SmartTag™ anywhere between the MM_Form type='checkout' and /MM_Form SmartTags on your checkout page.
Custom Field SmartTag™ Attributes
|isRequired||Set the ‘isRequired' attribute to ‘true' if you want the field to be required. By default it will not be required.|
|class||Set the ‘class' attribute to apply a custom CSS class to the field.|
|type||Set the ‘type' attribute to ‘custom-hidden' to make this a hidden field. This would usually be use in conjunction with passing custom data to the checkout page via the URL.|