MemberMouse provides an easy way to create drip content schedules allowing you a large amount of flexibility in time-releasing content to your members.
We also provide a Protected Content Widget so that you can easily display available and upcoming content to your members any place your theme has a placeholder for widgets. Note that the Protected Content Widget is used to display protected content only. If you want to display content that is publicly available, use the Recent Posts or Pages widgets which are installed by default with WordPress.
Adding a Protected Content Widget
- From the WordPress Appearance menu, click the Widgets link.
- In the Available Widgets area, locate the MM Protected Content widget.
- Drag the widget from the Available Widgets area on the left to the Sidebar area. You can use as many instances of the protected content widget as you want. For example, you could have one for displaying the last 10 pieces of content and one for the next 5 pieces of content to be released in a specific category.
Once a widget has been added to a sidebar, it will appear like this:
- Using the Configuration Options section below as a guide, set up the widget as desired and click the Save button.
- Now when you visit a page on your site that, the protected content widget will be displayed. Here are a couple of examples:
Showing Available Content
Showing Upcoming Content
Content in the list is primarily sorted by the day it will become available to the member. If there's a number of pieces of content that become available on the same day then MemberMouse will look at the post published date to determine how to sort it.
Remember that the content you see listed in the protected content widget is based on the access rights of the currently logged in member. If you see the message No content available or No upcoming content, this means that based on the combination of the widget configuration, the access rights of the currently logged in member and the drip content schedules you've created, there is no content to display.
- You can control the look and feel of the protected content widget by overriding the default CSS styles. See the Styling a Drip Content Widget section below for instructions on how to do this.
|Widget Title||This is the title displayed at the top of the widget. It can be left blank if you don't want a title.|
|Available or Upcoming Content||Here you specify whether the widget will display currently available content or upcoming content. |
If you select Show Available Content the widget will display the most recent items that became available to the currently logged in member.
If you select Show Upcoming Content the widget will display the next items that will become available to the currently logged in member.
|Number of Items to Show||This defines the number of items to display in the widget.|
|Display Items as Links||This indicates whether the items should be displayed as links or not.|
|Include Posts||This indicates whether or not you want to include posts in the list of items displayed in the widget.|
|Include Pages||This indicates whether or not you want to include pages in the list of items displayed in the widget.|
|Include Custom Post Types||This indicates whether or not you want to include custom post types in the list of items displayed in the widget.|
|Show Date Next to Content Title||This indicates whether or not you want to show the date an item became or becomes available after the item title in the widget.|
Styling a Drip Content Widget
We provide a number of CSS styles for you to customize so you can get the protected content widget to look and feel the way you want. Just download this CSS template to see all CSS styles available for customization.