Here you will learn how to send an email to a member of your team when a new member signs up on your site. This is accomplished using our push notification system. Read this article to learn more about push notifications.
How to create an email notification when a new member signs up:
- From the WordPress Dashboard, go to MemberMouse > Developer Tools and then click on the Push Notifications tab.
- Click the Create Push Notification button and a dialog will pop up where you'll configure the Member Added notification.
- Make sure that Status is set to Active.
- Under the When the following event occurs… heading, select Member Added from the drop down.
- After selecting this another section will show up. Under the When membership level is… heading, you can select Any Membership Level to indicate that this notification should be triggered when any membership level is added, or you can select a specific membership level indicating that this notification should be triggered only when a member signs up for that specific membership level.
- Under the Perform the following action… heading, select Send Email from the drop down.
- Choose who the email is sent to by selecting an employee from the drop down next to the To label. This drop down contains all of the employee accounts currently created in the MemberMouse system. Read this article to learn more about Employee Accounts.
- Choose who the email is sent from by selecting an employee from the drop down next to the From label. This drop down contains all of the employee accounts currently created in the MemberMouse system. Read this article to learn more about Employee Accounts.
- If you would like additional recipients to be notified, you can add them next to the CC label by adding the email addresses using commas to separate multiple email addresses.
At this point we've configured the notification to be triggered when a new member is added and when this happens an email should be sent out to the employee you specified. Now we need to specify the contents of the email.
- Fill out the Subject and Body of the notification email as desired. You can use the Member Added template as a starting point. To use this template, click the Member Added link next to Insert Template.
- Click the Save Push Notification button.
Now when a new member's account is created you or a team member will receive this member added notification email so they can take any necessary action.