Here you will learn how to send an email to a member of your team when a product is purchased. This is accomplished using our push notification system. Read this article to learn more about push notifications.
How to send an email notification when a product is purchased:
- From the WordPress Dashboard, go to MemberMouse > Developer Tools and then click on the Push Notifications tab.
- Click the Create Push Notification button and a dialog will pop up where you'll configure the Product Purchased notification.
- Make sure that Status is set to Active.
- Under the When the following event occurs… heading, select Product Purchased from the drop down.
- After selecting this another section will show up. Under the When the product is… heading, you can select Any Product to indicate that this notification should be triggered when any product is purchased or you can select a specific product indicating that this notification should be triggered only when that specific product is purchased.
- Under the Perform the following action… heading, select Send Email from the drop down. Other options include the ability to Notify Zapier or Call a Custom Script.
- Choose who the email is sent to by selecting an employee from the drop down next to the To label. This drop down contains all of the employee accounts currently created in the MemberMouse system. Read this article to learn more about Employee Accounts.
- Choose who the email is sent from by selecting an employee from the drop down next to the From label. This drop down contains all of the employee accounts currently created in the MemberMouse system. Read this article to learn more about Employee Accounts.
- If you would like additional recipients to be notified, you can add them next to the CC label by adding the email addresses using commas to separate multiple email addresses.
- At this point we've configured the notification to be triggered when a product is purchased and when this happens an email should be sent out to the employee you specified. Now we need to specify the contents of the email. Fill out the Subject and Body of the notification email as desired.
- Click the Save Push Notification button.
Now when a product is purchased on your site, you or a team member will receive this notification email so they can take any necessary action.