If you have installed or upgraded MemberMouse after January 19 2021 to MemberMouse v2.4.0+, then reCAPTCHA v3 is available to configure and it is the recommended version to use.
If you want to learn more about how reCAPTCHA v3 works on your site, you can go to Configuring reCAPTCHA v3.
NOTE when upgrading to 2.4.0+ from a previous version: If you already had reCAPTCHA configured on your site, you will have to re-enable it after upgrade by going to Checkout Settings > reCAPTCHA and click the checkbox next to ‘Enable reCAPTCHA on All Checkout Forms'.
In order to add reCAPTCHA v2 validation to your checkout forms, first, you'll configure reCAPTCHA v2 on your site as outlined below and then you'll need to include a reCAPTCHA field in your checkout form using a SmartTag.
1. Configure reCAPTCHA v2 on your site
- In the MemberMouse menu click on Checkout Settings > reCAPTCHA.
- Choose ‘reCAPTCHA v2'.
- If you don't have a reCAPTCHA account, click the Create a Free Account button to create a new one. If you already have an account, click the Google reCAPTCHA Admin button.
- Once inside your Google reCAPTCHA Admin interface, you may need to register your site in order to create site keys. Click on the ‘+' icon in the upper right corner to do this. You'll fill out the fields as prompted on the form provided by Google. Choose ‘reCAPTCHA v2' and select the type of test that you'd like to show your users.
- Once you've registered your site, then you'll be returned to the Google reCAPTCHA Admin console. Select your site from the dropdown menu in the upper left corner. Then click on the Settings icon in the upper right corner to access your reCAPTCHA keys.
- Copy the site key into the Site Key field.
- Copy the secret key into the Secret Key field.
- Click the ‘Save Settings' button.
2. Add a reCAPTCHA Field to Checkout Form
When reCAPTCHA is enabled, customers will verify they're not a robot by clicking on a checkbox in teh reCAPTCHA field. In order to include the reCAPTCHA field, you need to place a SmartTag on the default checkout core page and any other pages where you are using a checkout form.
- Copy the following SmartTag to include in your checkout form:
[MM_Form_Field type='input' name='captcha']
- Place the SmartTag between the [ MM_Form type='checkout' ] and [ /MM_Form ] SmartTags on the default checkout core page and any other pages where you are using a checkout form. After this SmartTag has been included in the checkout form MemberMouse will require that the customer pass the reCAPTCHA v2 test in order for the form to be submitted.