What are Purchase Links?
Purchase Links are what customers will click on to purchase products, bundles or membership levels. Keep in mind that a product can represent a physical product, a bundle, or membership level since products can be associated with bundles or membership levels. Read this article to learn more about products.
Two Types of Purchase Links
There are two types of purchase links: those created using the MM_Purchase_Link SmartTag and those that are a static URL.
- The MM_Purchase_Link SmartTag dynamically generates purchase links within your membership site. It is recommended that this SmartTag is used wherever possible as it includes some built-in intelligence such as automatically directing the customer to the default checkout page and automatically billing a customer's card-on-file if it exists.
- The static URL should be used when you want to place a purchase link outside of your membership site. For example, if you want to include a purchase link in a Twitter post, Facebook post, PPC or banners ads, emails or on 3rd party sites.
The static link should also be used to send a customer to a page that has a checkout form but is not the default checkout core page. This is because the MM_Purchase_Link SmartTag will always send a customer to the default checkout core page.
How To Lookup Purchase Links
- In the MemberMouse menugo to Product Settings, and click on any of the following tabs: Products, Memberships Levels, or Bundles.
- In the Purchase Links column, click on the ‘blue dollar' button next to the item you would like to generate a purchase link for.
- The following Purchase Link dialog box will pop up:
- If you're including the purchase link within your membership site, copy and paste the Purchase Link SmartTag into your WordPress page/post or into a MemberMouse SmartWidget.
- If you're using the purchase link outside of your membership site, copy and paste the Static Link into the 3rd party location.