MemberMouse Versions 1.2.2 – 1.8.0 Platform Update Notes
MemberMouse Version 1.2.2
April 5, 2011
In this release we have some exciting new functionality that will save you time and money by further automating your customer support process and provide you with additional opportunities to increase customer lifetime value.
Overdue Payment Support
MemberMouse now automatically detects overdue payments and automates the process for the customer to get htheir account up-to-date. Here's how it works:
- Lime Light currently makes five attempts to bill a customer before placing their order on hold. When this order gets placed on hold a call is made to MemberMouse informing the system that this order is overdue.
- MemberMouse changes the status of the member's account to Overdue, and sends them an email informing them that their billing information needs to be updated and provides them with a link to their My Account page.
- When a member logs in and their account status is Overdue they are automatically redirected to their My Account page and are blocked from viewing any other protected content.
- From their My Account page they can update their billing information and when they submit it, their card will be charged and their account will be reactivated.
Now they're good to go and your support team didn't have to get involved. This feature will not only decrease support costs, it will make the usually painful process of collecting overdue payments a no-brainer.
Pause Account Functionality
Prior to this release, when a member's account was canceled they couldn't log in to access any content. Now you have the option of pausing a member's account. Pausing a member's account also cancels recurring billing, but it allows them to continue to access content that they already had access to. Their content delivery schedule will be paused so they won't get access to any new content unless they reactivate their account.
This feature is great for two reasons:
- It makes the customer happy because they continue to get access to what they paid for.
- It increases the chance of them reactivating their account because they still have access to your community and they can reactivate their account easily by going to the My Account page and clicking Reactivate.
To further increase the chance of them reactivating, we've enhanced our SmartTags to give you the ability to be able to detect the status of a member who's logged in.
Why is this valuable?
Consider a member has paused their account and every once in a while they log in to look at an article they enjoy. On any page they visit, you now have the opportunity to detect that their account is paused and display an offer that will increase the chances of them coming back. You could even present them with a special offer and use the MM_ChangeMembership tag to make it a 1-click event for them to accept the offer, charge the card on file and reactivate their account.
We've also made many fixes and enhancements in this release including tightening up the interaction between Lime Light and MemberMouse. For example, MemberMouse will update a member's account status or access tag status automatically when you void, refund, start/stop recurring on an order.
MemberMouse Version 1.3.4
September 22, 2011
We haven't had a chance to blog in awhile because we've been very busy getting some new features into MemberMouse but we wanted to take a second to let you know some of the new updates since the last blog posts.
We added multiple new ways to optimize and provide flexibility in creating memberships and product bundles.
- Expiring Memberships – With expiring memberships you can set a time period for how long a membership lasts. Once the membership expires the member will be not have access to your content and will be required to repurchase that membership or upgrade them to a new one. These are great for training programs that members might look at regularly for a given period of time or seasonal offerings.
- Easy Payment Plans – You've probably seen them on TV or some of your direct mail advertising. Easy payments plan are great way to break down a one-time payment into a multi-part payment. For example if your offering is normally a $200 one time payment, you can break that down into 4 easy payments of $50 over your desired time frame (i.e. every X number of days, months, years). Definitely a great way to lessen the lump sum payment shock and make purchasing your program easier on the customer.
- MailChimp Integration – We've completed the email integration with one of the most popular email providers available. And we're proud to say that this integration goes above and beyond what you'll see in other tools. With the MemberMouse & MailChimp integration, members are automatically subscribed to lists based on their membership levels. And as a member's membership level changes or they cancel, the MemberMouse system automatically updates them in MailChimp by unsubscribing them from the previous list and subscribing them to the new list. And we've even including a prospecting list that lets you pull in people who aren't yet a member but will be soon once they get your amazing emails. Once they become a member, they will be moved from the prospect list to the proper membership level's list. And the best part is you'll never have to worry about CSV importing anymore! Everything is handled for you automatically with MemberMouse.
- Rescue Abandoned Carts – MemberMouse now saves the registration data even if the potential member doesnâ€™t complete the payment process. This provides you with a way to rescue those lost registrations.
- Employee Accounts – You can now create employee account with restricted access to the MemberMouse backend. This way your support employees can't accidentally edit your MemberMouse settings.
- Logout Core Page – We've added a new core page when a member logs out. You can now customize the logout page to ve specific to certain membership levels.
- Paypal Integration – We've add Paypal as a new payment solution. Now you can take payments with a standard Paypal account.
- Authorize.net Integration – With the Authorize.net integration, you can now take credit card payments directly on your membership site without taking the potential member off your site.
- ClickBank Integration – We've also added Clickbank as a new payment solution. The unique thing about our Clickbank integration is that you can run Clickbank, Paypal, & Authorize.net all on one membership site.
Keep your eyes out for more updates coming in the next few weeks. We've got a great addition to the registration process coming as well as the iContact and Aweber email provider integrations.
MemberMouse Version 1.5.1
October 10, 2011
We've got another great update to the MemberMouse platform to tell you about. We've made some updates and enhancements that will continue to improve the platform and improve your ability to sign up new members.
- Registration Process Enhancement – We've removed the confirm email and confirm password steps from the registration process to optimize the process even more.
- Captcha During Registration – The registration process can now include a captcha system to stop spammers from creating fake accounts. This option can be turned on or off based on whether you want it or not.
- Global Cancellation List – We've added a new email list that automatically syncs with your email provider, the Global Cancellation List. This email list allows you to automatically place any cancelled or paused members into their own email list so you can send them a series of autoresponders to get them to come back to your site. Use this list to recapture lost customers.
- Member Cancellation Event – A new push notification event has been added, the Member Cancellation Event. This will let you execute scripts to update your 3rd party systems when a member cancels.
- Preview Settings Enhancements – With the new preview settings enhancement, you can now see your site as a non-member will see it.
- Homepage Redirect on Login – With this option, you can now redirect members to your WordPress default homepage when they login instead of a membership-specific homepage.
- Smart Redirects After Login – When a member attempts to access a protected page and they aren't logged in, they will be informed that they don't have access and need to login. Once they login they will be automatically redirected to the page they originally attempted to access instead of the member homepage.
- Phone Number on the Free Member Web Form – The free member web form now supports the phone number field so you can collect phone numbers when you use the custom sign up form.
- Member Import Improvements – The member import now supports the username & password fields making it even easier to import members from another system and allowing you to maintain their member information.
- UI Improvements – We've made some UI improvements to make it easier to navigate the MemberMouse admin section. Now, commonly used sections are grouped together more effectively and the sections you visit the most are at the top of the navigation menu.
Our big update is on the way so keep your eyes peeled for more in the coming weeks. And as always, let us know what features you need and we'll work to get them built into the MemberMouse platform.
MemberMouse Version 1.6.1
May 4, 2012
It's been awhile since we've had a chance to blog and it's for great reasons. We've been hard at work creating a few new partnership, major product enhancements, and more. In the next few weeks you're going to see a lot of significant changes to the platform as we've re-developed and optimized all the core e-commerce functionality built into MemberMouse. We've got some major new integrations and functionality coming and we think all of our great customers will be really excited.
In preparation for the next major release, we've released a new version of MemberMouse. Version 1.6.1 has some minor tweaks and helps prepare us for the bigger upcoming update. As always we recommend everyone update to the newest version though this release is not a required release.
We know we've been a little lax on the blog updates but keep your eyes open for the next few updates as we'll have some major announcements and updates.
Dynamic Visitor Marketing & MemberMouse Version 1.6.4
June 14, 2012
Today we're really happy to announce the next release of MemberMouse with a major new feature — Dynamic Visitor Marketing (DVM). When it comes to advanced marketing features that drive higher signups, DVM takes the cake – any maybe the whole party as well. With the new DVM system, you can now create dynamic content based on the incoming traffic sources / links — allowing you to tune and target your marketing & sales to where the visitor comes from.
With DVM, you can now create dynamic pages across your site based on where your visitor came from such as email, Facebook, Twitter, an advertisement, and more. Part of the beauty behind DVM is that your entire website, not just a single landing page, can become dynamic to your visitor. Using DVM, your promotion / offer can “follow” your visitor everywhere they go on your site and content will dynamically change to be more targeted to them.
Another powerful use of DVM is the ability to test content, pricing, messaging, and more based on the visitor. For example, try giving a longer trial or 25% off for visitors from a PPC ad without changing the price for your other visitors. The possibilities are endless and you can implement some great tests this way.
To get started using Dynamic Visitor Marketing, just go to the SmartTag library in your WordPress admin area and select [MM_AlternateContent] under the Smart Content group.
MemberMouse version 1.6.4 also includes a few more great updates:
- New attributes for the Smart Content system – isMember & isFree. This will make using the Alternate Content SmartTags easier to use and open up some new options for your dynamic content.
- Enhanced the [MM_ChooseMembership] SmartTag to use productId as an attribute. Now you can specify which product to purchase when your membership level has multiple products associated with it – a great way to have special pricing or offers that not everyone can get.
- Enhanced the Quick Registration Links to allow for hidden memberships. Now you can use hidden membership levels as way to provide special offers on landing pages, advertisements, and more.
- Many bug fixes and enhancements to the PayPal, ClickBank, & Lime Light payment integrations.
MemberMouse Version 1.6.5 & AWeber, GetResponse & Protected Content Widget
August 8, 2012
Today, we're excited to launch the next version of MemberMouse. Version 1.6.5 includes many new improvements including powerful integrations with AWeber and GetResponse, a handy protected content widget, improvements to the API and a number minor enhancements.
The new Protected Content Widget is a really powerful tool for anyone taking advantage of Drip Content Schedules. The widget provides a great way to dynamically display upcoming & recently released content to your members allowing them to see what they have access to now and what they'll get access to in the future (as long as they remain a member).Using the widget to display content as it becomes available impresses upon your members that your content is fresh and the site is “alive”. Also, displaying upcoming content gives them something to look forward to and provides additional incentive from them to stick around which aids in decreasing cancellations.
The Protected Content Widget is a standard widget within the WordPress framework so you can use it seamlessly with any WordPress theme. You can also use it multiple times within the same sidebar to display different post categories, upcoming vs. already released content and more. To use it, just navigate to the Widgets area from the Appearance menu in WordPress and look for the MM Protected Content widget.
MemberMouse Version 1.6.5 includes:
- Protected Content Widget
- AWeber Email Marketing Integration
- GetResponse Email Marketing Integration
- API Enhancements – We've increased the usefulness of our API by adding additional input parameters and returning more detailed response data. These enhancements will make it easier to grab and update existing members' information in your custom solutions.
- Bug fixes and minor enhancements.
MemberMouse Version 1.8.0
December 14, 2012
Today we're happy to announce another new release of MemberMouse. Recently, WordPress version 3.5 was released and our team reviewed the updates and made minor adjustments to take advantage of improvements and ensure compatibility. As a result, we are proud to announce that MemberMouse's latest version 1.8.0 is 100% compatible with WordPress 3.5.
Here at MemberMouse we actively keep pace with the latest developments to ensure your business stays on track and provides you with the best software. We consistently look out for ways to innovate and provide more tools to keep your business profitable. Part of that process is monitoring WordPress enhancements. The last thing you need to worry about is your site not working because of an updated version of WordPress, and that is why we are constantly keeping our eyes open for updates, tweaks, & enhancements.
Start Collecting Money in Minutes with Powerful Checkout Pages
December 20, 2012
We're really excited about the new checkout page! We have given you more opportunities than ever to directly sign up members. All you have to do is start with our built-in template, customize it to your needs and within minutes you can start collecting payments.
Collecting payments from your customers the most critical part of your business. That's why your checkout page should have advanced technical functionality to run smoothly and securely, a clean design that is easy to understand, dynamic marketing capabilities proven to convert potential customers, and built-in intelligence that automates decisions for the customer so they have the smallest number of steps to go through before submitting their order.
Before MemberMouse, you had to either hire an expensive developer to custom build a checkout page or use a generic template that never fully integrated with the growing needs of your business and higher demand from your customers.
Now you can build a fully adaptable, customizable checkout page, easily with no code!
The possibilities are endless!
Would you like to move things around, have a couple columns, move the product descriptions to the top or sides, create a unique look-and-feel that matches your branding exactly? Every business is different and has different needs. With MemberMouse you can completely adjust the layout and design down to the last field. Here are some examples:
Need to collect more information from your customers? Create custom fields and hide or show them based on what their purchasing.
MM intelligently gathers data that has already been entered and pre-populates the checkout form to create a fast and hassle-free checkout process.
By using SmartTags you can implement Marketing Best Practices to increase signups and upsell customers. SmartTags can dynamically show content based on the what's being purchased, the affiliate who referred the customer and more. For example, free members can be shown a targeted message about the perks of purchasing a paid membership. Or, if a potential customer clicked on an affiliate link to purchase a product, you have the option to display a custom message that will build trust, for example, “this product is recommended by …”.
With MemberMouse your customers no longer have to jump through hoops before making a purchase. They can be logged in or logged out, an existing customer, or not a customer just yet, and MemberMouse's powerful one-stop checkout page will automatically detect the appropriate action. Our one checkout form will automatically detect and update your member's account information or create a new membership based on their purchase.
We hope you're as excited as we are about using the new checkout page. We can't wait to see what amazing things you will do with this new feature!
Eric Turnnessen is the founder of MemberMouse. His absolute dedication to quality and insistence on perfection have made MemberMouse the premier WordPress membership plugin on the market today. His attention to detail and commitment to continual improvement make MemberMouse the #1 choice for business owners looking for a reliable and scalable membership solution.