MemberMouse disallows duplicate subscriptions by default. However, it is possible for you to allow customers to sign up for multiple subscriptions on the same product by adjusting one setting in the configuration.
When a customer goes to purchase a subscription product…
- If you configure MemberMouse to allow duplicate subscriptions, MemberMouse will allow the order to go through regardless of whether the customer already has an active subscription on that product.
- If you configure MemberMouse to disallow duplicate subscriptions, MemberMouse will check to see if the customer already has an existing, active subscription associated with the product. If they do, an error will be displayed to them informing them that they've already purchased this product and the subscription is currently active.
There are legitimate scenarios where a customer will want to purchase the same subscription again. This includes if they canceled their account and want to sign up again or their account became overdue and they need to reactivate their subscription with updated credit card information. Regardless of whether you configure MemberMouse to allow duplicate subscriptions or not, these legitimate cases will be allowed.
Follow the steps below to allow duplicate subscriptions:
- In the MemberMouse menu click on Checkout Settings.
- Click on the Other Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Duplicate Subscription Settings section.
- Check the box to allow duplicate subscriptions. Leave the box unchecked to return an error to a member if they attempt to purchase a subscription that they currently have active.
- Click the Save Settings button.