If you're interested in adding a Cart option using WooCommerce and MemberMouse together, a 3rd party team has developed a plugin that allows you to do just that. MemberMouse WooCommerce Plus was developed to integrate MemberMouse and WooCommerce in a way that allows you to easily sell products that will give your users access to MemberMouse membership levels and bundles using the WooCommerce platform.
Here is a quick summary of what to expect.
What it does:
- Provides an integration to link MemberMouse membership levels and/or bundles to WooCommerce products.
- Products created in WooCommerce and a new option is added to link it to a membership level or bundle.
- Products are one-time purchase only. Subscriptions need a secondary plugin. (more on how to integrate subscription products below)
- Uses WooCommerce to create a user in MemberMouse with the appropriate level or bundle.
- Uses WooCommerce Payment Settings.
What it doesn't do:
- It does not allow subscription based products out of the box. (more on how to integrate subscription products below)
- It does not communicate with MemberMouse Payment settings or schedules.
- It does not link the cancel functionality. Meaning, if you cancel a user in MemberMouse, they are not automatically canceled in WooCommerce.
Getting Things Setup
There are only 3 steps (and one optional) to getting an integration setup between MemberMouse and WooCommerce:
- Create all the Membership Levels and/or Bundle(s) within MemberMouse that you would like to integrate.
- Make sure that you have installed and have the payment settings properly configured for the WooCommerce Plugin.
- Install the MemberMouse WooCommerce Plus Plugin, and create products in WooCommerce Products section, making sure to follow the steps outlined here: Using the MemberMouse WooCommerce Plus Plugin.
Optional: In order to sell Subscription or Recurring products using WooCommerce, another plugin is required. In addition to the WooCommerce Plus add-on, you will need a woocommerce subscription plugin such as the free Yith WooCommerce Subscription plugin, or the paid WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin.
In order for the MemberMouse WooCommerce Plus integration to work, you need to ensure that you're using the latest version of MemberMouse and the latest version of the MemberMouse WooCommerce Plus plugin. The HappyPlugins Support team will be able to get you the latest version of the add-on, and if you need to upgrade your MemberMouse plugin, you can follow these instructions for upgrading to the latest version.
Note: HappyPlugins has developed an integration with MemberMouse and WooCommerce; MemberMouse has not developed the integration with WooCommerce.
What this means for you as a customer, in practice, is that when a member signs up with you using this HappyPlugins add-on, WooCommerce creates a member account for them in MemberMouse. However, the WooCommerce plugin takes over the payment and subscription management (if you have installed a subscription plugin). There's no payment or billing automation handled on the MemberMouse side, it's all handled by WooCommerce. So it's important to be aware of how this effects your process. For example, if someone purchases a subscription product in WooCommerce and then cancels their account through the MemberMouse my account page, the subscription won't be canceled automatically in WooCommerce.
In essence, you would only be using MemberMouse for access rights and scheduling of protected content. It also removes MemberMouse's affiliate integration features.
As with all 3rd Party Solution plugins, if you are having difficulty integrating or have questions about how it works, please contact the 3rd Party services support. They created the integration, so they alone understand how it is supposed to operate. Here is a quick link to the HappyPlugins Support team: HappyPlugins Support.